Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
The Account Manager is responsible for leading and managing the relationship with a wide portfolio of FMCG retail and hospitality clients of Lumina Intelligence that are strategically and commercially important. Their role is to build long term relationships with clients, ensure their research & insight needs are fully met and seek new ways to improve and build on the service provided to the client.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To fully understand the needs of the client base, understand their strategy their markets and business questions, developing relationships and continually add value.
- Be an expert on onboarding and client relationship management, particularly in driving client engagement and usage of the Lumina Intelligence advanced analytics dashboard tool
- Deliver exceptional service and focus on providing support which adds value to the client business and drives positive renewal decisions.
- Pro-actively set up meetings (virtual and face to face) and workshops with clients, demonstrate the value of the information and ensure it is embedded within your client’s organization
- Hit monthly commercial targets by renewing client contracts on time and looking for ways to encourage upsell
- Project manage client consultancy work. Effectively coordinate a project from start to finish keeping all stakeholders informed and on track
- Always look for more efficient and effective ways of achieving project goals and commercial targets – sharing best practice account management across the team and searching out ways to deliver the highest quality of output in the most time efficient manner.
- Ensure all internal administration relating to the client is accurate and timely (invoicing, contracts, CRM etc.)
- Drive the company culture and values into everyday processes and ways of working.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills as will have regular contact with clients
- Fluently expresses information, opinion and argument, can present to large groups including senior management with skill and confidence
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills (this is a fast paced and demanding role) and a proven ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across all levels and all functions and shows respect for views and contribution of others.
- Time management skills and ability to respond to client requests and queries in a timely fashion.
- Capability to interpret data and turn it into insight to provide the client with new knowledge and expertise,
- Numeracy and analytical skills with a good working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel.
- Able to demonstrate characteristics that would support best practice client management – initiative, proactivity, professionalism, charisma
- Professional manner and ‘can-do’ attitude, a self-starter
- Likely to be a graduate, ideally with 1-2 years relevant work experience in a relevant area
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our London office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy