Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week
Location: Hybrid (3 days per week at our Crawley office)
We have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start their career within IT as a System Support Engineer. The successful candidate will be based at our office in Crawley, working within our 1st and 2nd line support level.
Working directly under the System Support Manager you will be responsible for dealing with technical support requests from all users within the business, liaising with other System Support Engineers and assisting with the maintenance and security of our network.
- Helping users solve technical issues with their computers (whether hardware or software)
- Liaising directly with end users to resolve any problems, as directed by the System Support Team Leader
- Logging technical support requests over the telephone or by email
- Using remote control tools and technologies to assist end users as required
- Inducting New Starters
- Documenting systems and procedures as implemented for and on behalf of the business
- Occasional travel to our other offices in London and Montpellier as the business demands
- Adhering to the Service Level Agreement provided to the Business by the IT Department
- Ensuring support requests are handled in an effective and efficient manner
- Maximising user satisfaction with the resolution of incidents
- Working within a team to triage problems and either work on them directly, escalate to another Engineer, or direct to another team
- Learning systems, software and processes to increase personal skills capability and troubleshoot problems at all levels
- Work across teams and within projects when the appropriate resource is required
- Either College level IT qualification (or equivalent) or relevant work experience
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products
- A practicing knowledge of Windows 10 and Mac OS X
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong administration skills with an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, pro-active and outgoing
- Ability to use own initiative / common sense / multi-task
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Possess patience and understanding
- Good communicator
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us?
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.