Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Subscription Sales Manager to join our Global Brands Team. The Subscription Sales Manager will be responsible for driving corporate subscription sales (including renewals) across paid for content within the Global Brands division, including Lumina Intelligence Probiotics and NutraIngredients.com.
This is a lead role to develop sales for the ‘paid for’ information services within the Global Brands business unit. The Subscription Sales Manager will;
- Exceed new sales targets across the portfolio (mainly through telesales activity)
- Renew and upsell existing customers according to schedule
- Maintain excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Develop and maintain thorough customer records – using SalesForce
- Develop and maintain excellent reporting against set KPIs
- Demonstrate online products to prospects
- Maintain usage levels/engagement for corporate account customers
- Creating and maintaining a sales pipeline to deliver and exceed commercial targets. Keep this up to date and reflective of commercial position.
- Attend face to face events to develop sales
- Work collaboratively with the digital marketing manager to generate high quality sales leads
- Take responsibility to generate own leads
- Contact prospects and present the Lumina Information Value proposition and cultivate / nurture the prospect through their decision-making process.
- Organise demos of Lumina and follow up
- Renew an agreed set of Lumina existing customers.
- Be prepared to develop an understanding, at high level, of probiotic market.
Required Skills and Experience
The Subscription Sales Manager will
- Be target driven
- Have a proactive, “Hunter” mentality and approach
- Have excellent ‘closing skills’
- Have proven substantial sales experience
- Be a strong communicator
- Have relevant B2B experience – background in subscription sales an advantage
- Have a passion for winning and ability to work independently
- Understanding of data, research, and insights
- Have a professional manner and ‘can-do’ attitude
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
Closing Date: 9th May 2022