Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join our award-winning Exhibitions department as a Senior Sales Executive. We are looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, customer centric individual to join our hard working and high performing team in a busy, and dynamic work environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new business, managing and building an extensive pipeline, and upselling existing accounts for our market leading B2B food & drink trade exhibitions, as well as promoting other opportunities across the William Reed portfolio.
- Develop a deep understanding of the UK food & drink industry. Keep up to date with market trends to understand our clients’ marketing requirements
- Use account management skills to gain trust and build long-term relationships with customers
- Create tailored proposals to sell exhibition space, sponsorship and digital opportunities to both existing clients and new business.
- Achieve and maintain high activity, including calls, emails, meetings, LinkedIn and face to face where required
- Achieve and surpass individual and team revenue targets
- Maintain and build an existing sales pipeline and CRM system
- Accurately report progress through weekly sales reports and forecast revenue projections
- Attend William Reed exhibitions and competitor events to maintain relationships, expand the database and prospect for new business.
Required Skills and Experience:
- An enthusiastic Senior Sales Executive with a passion for the food and drink industry
- Proven and successful track record in a relevant sales environment, preferably in the B2B exhibition industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident speaking to prospects at all levels of seniority
- A modern selling approach: An ability to excite and understand customers pain points to deliver innovative and solution orientated proposals, in turn maximising revenue of both existing customers and new business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player and ability to work under pressure
- High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
- Organised and motivated, self-starter with a determined, mature approach and prepared to go that extra mile to achieve/exceed sales
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.