Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week
Are you a passionate, creative and ambitious Event Manager, looking for the opportunity to project manage a programme of international, high-profile food & beverage events?
We are looking for a detail-driven mastermind with a proven track record in delivering flawlessly executed events, to take the helm as our Senior Events Manager at 50 Best.
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards is recognised around the world as the most credible indicator of the best places to eat on Earth. It stimulates fervent debate and sometimes controversy, but the excitement it generates amongst those who aspire to make the list, and the massive interest it brings to the restaurant industry in general, has seen it grow into three eagerly anticipated, internationally influential events attended by at least 45 out of the 50 listed Chefs. The series of events are sponsored by some of the most recognisable brands in the world.
Since the list was created in 2000, we’ve host event programmes across the globe, to name a few: Thailand, Australia, Spain, Singapore, France, Colombia, Peru and America.
· Create and manage event specific schedules, timelines, briefings and other operational reports needed – successfully communicate these details with the Operations Director
· Coordinate and attend international recce trips to create and secure event programmes and venues
· In consultant with the Operations Director source and commission international creative agencies, production agencies and catering companies
· In consultant with the Operations Director manage the tender process and negotiate the best possible rates with all suppliers for relevant project
· Ensure critical path is managed correctly and hold regular update meetings. Ensure all elements are carried out on time and in accordance with the critical path
· Take responsibility for any event marketing collateral that is printed for your projects (proofing and approving copy)
· Sponsor management and liaison
· In collaboration with Tourism Board build bespoke event programmes and account manage destination sponsor, ensuring milestones are met
· Venue management including familiarisation of contracts
· Production management. Including but not limited to: Booking briefings and managing event suppliers such as AV, Graphics, Catering, talent, agency staff etc
· Collaborate with other departments within 50 best to advise on the event program, highlighting any potential issues
· Brief wider 50 Best teams on event programmes
· Build creative event concepts and oversee the design and production of all AV, technical and production elements of the events, including specific food concept to make 50 Best event memorable experiences for chefs, sponsors and guests
· Keep up to date on trends, make recommendations for doing things differently
· Ability to manage multiple projects, with extensive event experience in large-scale events (international event management is advantageous)
· Be able to demonstrate and have experience of managing a productive team as well as managing all staff in the lead up and on-site at events
· Calm, methodical, strategic, ambitious, driven to succeed
· Ability to meet tight and sometimes changing deadlines, acting professionally and seamlessly throughout
· Accuracy and strong attention to detail including excellent grammar and spelling
· Highly organised, methodical and Multitasker
· Commercial awareness and acumen
· Ability to source and negotiate with suppliers
· Must be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure, accurately and calmly
· Enthusiastic, creative, dedicated and passionate
· Due to the nature of the events a strong willingness to travel internationally and work anti-social hours, including some weekends, is essential
· A natural team player
· High level of IT competency – must have strong computer skills including excel, word and power point
· Ensure efficient and sensitive handling of confidential information
Company Benefits Include:
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.