Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
Purpose of Role: To champion the growth of our flagship digital brand NutraIngredients-USA by:
• Writing both breaking news and in-depth features and analysis on a range of key NIU topics in full respect of the established editorial policy and guidelines, and complying with the local legal imperatives, in accordance with the NIU global roadmap.
• Play a leading role in NIU’s social media platforms, with a focus on building the community on LinkedIn.
• Organize and moderate editorial webinar content, when required
• Supporting brand extension initiatives, including Probiota Americas, Sports Nutrition Summit, and NIU Awards.
• Strengthening the reach and reputation of NutraIngredients-USA by seeking out new industry connections
· Produce high-quality daily content NutraIngredients-USA, including daily article writing, plus proof-reading content from other team members; and publishing, newsletters when required.
· Contribute to the editorial calendar for monthly special editions, online forums and online events, including identification of hot topics, key industry personalities, and moderating of webinars and debates.
· Attend key food industry trade events and conferences across North America and occasionally beyond
· Support and contribute content to NutraIngredients-LATAM when required, including writing articles and liaising with freelancers when necessary
· Contributing expertise to brand extension activities, including potential F2F events (Probiota Americas, Sports Nutrition Summit USA, etc)
Required Skills and Experience:
· Trained business / science / multimedia journalist and editor
· 3+ years of B2B journalistic experience, 2+ years editing a digital publication
· Experience/ interest in covering the health, supplements and nutrition industry is a plus
· Vibrant networking, communication and interpersonal skills
· Social media savvy
· Highly collaborative
· Imaginative and strong sense of initiative
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in the UK ( Gatwick and London), France (Montpellier), Singapore and the US, with this role being based in Chicago.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
· 25 days PTO (Every year approximately 4 days for use during the Christmas period)
· 3 days of sick leave (which can also be used for extended bereavement leave or domestic emergencies)
· The following bank holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Day, NY Day
· 401(K) – the company will match up to 4% of basic pay
· Health insurance – currently 100% of the premium covered by WR Inc.
· Dental and vision insurance – 100% of the premium covered by WR Inc.
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)