Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore; and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
Location: Hybrid (2 days per week at our Crawley office)
The Grocer is the UK’s biggest, most interesting and most widely respected B2B media brand, rapidly developing its role as a multi-media powerbrand.
The Grocer is the bible of the food and drink industry covering issues of national importance, from the cost of living crisis, to health & obesity, as well as topics like marketing, new product development, sustainability and ethics, food safety, technology, shopper insights, sourcing, food security, entrepreneurship and more. Customers range from directors of the large supermarkets to independent retailers, wholesalers and suppliers, as well as growers, food processors, manufacturers, key opinion formers and the national media.
The Grocer’s commercial content solutions offer has grown extensively in the last few years and we are now looking for an experienced sales professional with experience of selling strategic digital content solutions to help us grow even further.
• Exceed targets through the generation, development and nurturing of new and existing business with grocery and fmcg business service providers
• Develop an ongoing pipeline of new business for our wide range of content and event solutions
• Build relationships with senior client decision makers to fully understand the brand’s decision making
• Strong consultative sales approach focussed on understanding how we can help achieve and solve clients’ business challenges and objectives.
• Collaborate with colleagues across content solutions and wider commercial team to maximise commercial returns for the brand which also deliver on the brand’s status as an authoritative and trusted source.
• Recommend, where appropriate, commercial content and event solutions across our wider group of retail media brands, including sister brands, Convenience Store and Forecourt Trader.
• Work with the relevant internal teams, including commercial content, editorial and digital and event operations to achieve client objectives which maximise audience engagement and fit in with editorial and brand values.
• Accurately record client details and reports on client history and interactions on CRM
• Substantial experience in selling digital, content and event solutions within a B2B media environment
• Demonstrable track record of building and delivering strategic, high value commercial partnerships
• Experience in working with senior client decision makers to deliver long term marketing solutions to meet their business growth objectives.
• Exceptional written and verbal sales skills. A confident team player.
• Outstanding communication, networking and interpersonal skills, as well as being goal orientated, assertive and a problem solver.
• Excellent organisational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
• Digital proficiency with demonstrable skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Company Benefits Include:
• 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
• An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
• A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
• Opportunity for hybrid working
• Contributory Pension
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Group Income Protection
• Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
• Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Electric Car Scheme
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.