Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Section Ediction to join our team on a 6 month fixed term contract. NutraIngredients provides a 360-degree view on supplements, health and nutrition, spanning everything from innovation, ingredients and technology to trends, regulation and science. NutraIngredients multimedia publications deliver daily news, analysis, online and face to face events, podcasts and video coverage of the issues and stories impacting decision makers in the nutrition and supplements industries.
The Section Editor will champion innovation and ingredient related content on NutraIngredients.com (NI) and within associated brand extensions. This Section Editor will be key in re-affirming / re-establishing NI as the leading authority and point of reference for news, analysis and comment on all aspects of innovation and ingredients in nutrition, health and supplements including (but not limited to):
• Innovation across the industry supply chain, with an emphasis on manufacturer and supplier innovation. This can relate to disruptive start-ups with new ideas, new patents or any emerging product, technology, service or initiative with the potential to make a difference in the NI space. Your role is to ensure NI is first to the table and the voice of authority in this area
• Any ingredient news that the NI primary audience will want to know about. This may be a new ingredient launch, a reformulation / repositioning of an existing ingredient or a scientific study on an ingredient. Additionally any ingredient supplier developments of significance to our audience (key supplier merger / acquisition, financial results, geographic expansion etc.)… again NI should be first with news, comment and analysis in this area
• Research and deliver daily compelling multimedia content
• Edit relevant website copy
• Develop new content ideas and initiatives within your section remit
• Actively use social media for lead sourcing, content sharing and contact building
• Maintain record of industry contacts and sources in shared editorial database
• Contribute to topics, briefs, speaker suggestions and recruitment for NutraIngredients brand extensions (special editions, online / F2F events, awards etc.) in collaboration with NI Senior Editor
• Contribute actively to WRBM NI events (online or F2F) as they unfold (moderating / chairing panels or presenting where appropriate) in collaboration with NI Senior Editor
• Establish yourself as the ‘innovation & ingredients’ content leader for NI within its various communities
• Attend key industry trade events and conferences in Europe and occasionally beyond
• Remain open to any speaking / chairing / moderating opportunities of benefit to your remit that may arise, in consultation with
NI Senior Editor
• Actively engage and develop relationship with key industry figures on both the manufacturer and supplier side
• In consultation with NI Senior Editor, explore potential joint business visits with sales teams where appropriate to demonstrate brand unity, clearly define editorial standards and deepen relationship with influential ingredients suppliers
• Collaborate with sales, marketing, event managers and other departments on any projects of potential benefit to NI within a framework of editorial integrity
• Generally contribute to any other projects of potential benefit to NI in collaboration with other departments
• Trained business / multimedia journalist with substantial experience in B2B
• Comfortable with digital media and content strategies
• A background in food or nutrition a plus
• Portfolio of food industry contacts a plus
• Strong business sense with excellent networking and interpersonal skills
• Equally comfortable delivering written or multi-media content
• Confident public speaker / moderator
• Good diplomacy skills
• Solid knowledge of social media channels
• Highly collaborative
• Imaginative and strong sense of initiative
• Well organised and ability to prioritise effectively
• Good internal and external negotiator
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy