Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
MCA is a digital pay to access daily service which informs the leaders of UK hospitality businesses. The service is long established, successful, and authoritative, relied upon by subscribers for news & insight into the sector.
MCA runs a suite of leading events for the senior industry, including five conferences, two networking event series for leaders and a glittering, highly anticipated annual awards event.
We are looking for an experienced, creative salesperson to manage subscription and event delegate sales and to contribute sponsorship revenues. This is an opportunity to work creatively with our partners to drive their business growth, as part of a high performing team which works collaboratively to drive performance and standards.
The central focus of this role is:
· to exceed commercial targets related to MCA paid content subscriptions and event delegate revenues, whilst ensuring high standards in customer support, accurate administration and debt management
· to sell sponsorship of MCA events.
The right candidate will be an energetic self-starter and a team player. Close ongoing attention is required to ensure that activity is focused on securing new business, maximising renewals for MCA and exceeding delegate and sponsorship targets.
- ensure MCA’s subscription revenue targets are exceeded, with healthy levels of new business, and that renewals are timely, exceeding 90%
- build client relationships to ensure that the size and value of multi-user licences are maximised
- with a personal focus on corporate and multi-user subscriptions:
- account management: assist administrators to ensure they use their licences effectively;
- help with setting up registration and trials and assist with any access issues
- support the customer throughout the trial process, checking progress and facilitating trials for them and their colleagues
- ensure high standards for dealing with incoming enquiries
- work closely with marketing to build creative, focused campaigns to drive leads
- ensure the proactive use of data within GDPR rules
- upsell to bigger multi user licences wherever possible
- communicate with customers throughout the journey to subscription agreement
- update CRM systems regularly and accurately
- ensure accurate administration to support access, sales order processing, invoicing and payment
- check with the accounts team monthly to minimise debtors
· work with marketing, the Publisher and the wider team to ensure delegate and table sales targets are exceeded for MCA’s suite of events
· create campaigns, working collaboratively with marketing and via your own approaches, using selected data sets and your own relationships
· Attend MCA conferences and awards, supporting sponsors and assisting with customer enquiries
· Assist with securing sponsorship agreements for conferences and awards
Required Skills and Experience:
- Commercial experience
- Proactive, with a positive and self-motivated attitude to sales, customer service and admin
- Willing to build network internally & externally to develop skills & knowledge
- A quick learner embracing change
- Creative selling a must
- Methodical and thorough approach to systems
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Accuracy in data entry/admin
- Strong spelling and grammar
· Customer services experience
· Hospitality passion/experience
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
· Competitive Salary
· 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
· Contributory Pension
· Life Assurance Scheme
· Group Income Protection
· Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.