Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Reporter to join our team. The reporter will contribute to the editorial development of FoodNavigator.com (FN) and associated brand extensions by:
· Delivering high quality content in multi-media and written formats
· Contributing to brand extensions and brand development
· Following FoodNavigator’s editorial road map and style guides
· Building FN’s presence on social media platforms
FoodNavigator provides a 360-degree view of the food and beverage market, spanning everything from investment, incubation and innovation, to ingredients, food science and product formulation, labelling, litigation, safety, regulation, consumer trends, new products and new technology.
FoodNavigator multimedia publications deliver daily news, analysis, online and face to face events, podcasts and video coverage of the issues and stories impacting decision makers in the food and beverage industry.
· Research and deliver compelling daily multimedia content
· Edit relevant website copy in your assigned focus areas
· Source and develop new content ideas
· Actively use social media for lead sourcing, content sharing and contact building
· Contribute to FoodNavigator brand extensions (special editions, online / F2F events, awards etc.) in collaboration with FN Editor
· Contribute actively to FN events in collaboration with FN Senior Editor
· Establish yourself as an industry authority for FN and externally within relevant industry communities
· Attend key industry trade events and conferences in Europe and occasionally beyond
· Remain open to any speaking / chairing / moderating opportunities of benefit to your remit that may arise, in consultation with FN Senior Editor
· Actively engage and develop relationship with key industry figures on both the manufacturer and supplier side
· Collaborate with sales, marketing, event managers and other departments on any projects of potential benefit to FN within a framework of editorial integrity
· Contribute to any other projects of potential benefit to FN in collaboration with other departments and divisions
· Trained business / multimedia journalist with experience in B2B
· Comfortable with digital media and content strategies
· Background in the food industry a plus
· Portfolio of food industry contacts a plus
· Equally comfortable delivering written or multi-media content
· Solid knowledge of social media channels
· Highly collaborative team player
· Imaginative and strong sense of initiative
· Well organised and ability to prioritise effectively working to tight deadlines
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
· Competitive Salary
· 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
· Contributory Pension
· Life Assurance Scheme
· Group Income Protection
· Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.