Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
The 50 Best brand is the leading authority in global gastronomy and the international drinks scene, showcasing worldwide trends and highlighting great restaurants and bars from all corners of the Earth through its events programmes, digital channels, and global communications and marketing campaigns.
Over the past 20 years, 50 Best has earned its legitimacy as a compass for the latest and future trends in the industry. The launch of The World’s 50 Best Hotels in 2023 is the next step in the brand becoming the ultimate curator of the whole consumer experience – from travel and hotels to dining and drinking.
As a marketing executive for our 50 Best brand, you will support the marketing manager in delivering effective promotional communication, responsibilities including;
Day to day:
- Follow up on day-to-day asset production and deadlines
- Coordinate with other teams to collect relevant information and materials
- Help to execute marketing campaigns
- Support the monitoring of brand usage
- Assist in coordination with WR central teams for campaign execution
- Contribute ideas and participate in brainstorming content and strategies
- Support marketing manager in coordinating with external marketing and PR teams around consumer events
- Gain full working knowledge of relevant WR digital platforms
- Provide project execution support to various marketing activities
- Support the preparation and distribution of marketing guidelines, toolkits and materials
- Help implement brand standards across the board
- Database management including storing key materials and tracking task progress
- Copywrite promotional materials: emails, letters, web pages, banners etc
- Proofread and fact check materials
- Help to ensure the measurability and scheduling of activities
- Draft briefs for email marketing campaigns, videos and promotional materials
- Ensure all campaigns are conducted cost efficiently with the best results possible
- Brief relevant parties on the marketing pack and tools available
Data and results:
- Collect marketing activities results from the various platforms available
- Collate the results of marketing activities into draft reports
- Collect and organise survey results
- Contribute to the learnings and improvements
- Carry out research on competing events and brands for B2B and B2C markets
- Collect and collate relevant industry reports that are relevant to the brand
- Compile post-event impact reports
- Help develop and follow departmental best practice
- Work on ad hoc projects as required
- Minimum 3 years marketing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Campaign management skills
- Experience in agency preferred, or with multiple brand organisations
- Understanding of luxury market and experience with international brands
- Comfort with multi-tasking and working to meet deadlines
- Copywriting skills
- Good research skills
- Ability to work with data
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Innovative and willing to test assumptions/look for new solutions
- Organisation and attention to detail
- Efficient time management
- Willing to learn new skills
- Ability to manage projects from conception to completion
- Working knowledge of a second language desirable
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Application closing date: 31st March 2023