Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
William Reed has built an unrivalled event portfolio for the UK food and drink industry. The department is responsible for marketing Foodex, Food & Drink Expo, National Convenience Show, Farm Shop & Deli Show and Awards, The Forecourt Show, Big Hospitality Expo, and Low2NoBev. Each event is independently marketed to our industry‐wide and sector‐specific media and we pride ourselves on getting the right audience.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Assistant to join our Exhibitions team.
The responsibility and focus of a Marketing Assistant is to support the marketing manager to deliver effective promotional communication to ensure that the right quality and quantity of visitors and exhibitors attend the event.
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Liaise and co-ordinate activity with the features, operations, sales, ad production, multi media and publishing teams as relevant
Process and administration
- Ensure websites are up to date with the latest logos, timetables, exhibitors, relevant content highlights etc
- Design digital inventory in Canva
- Ensure show strategy/timeline is constantly updated and deadlines are met
- Ensures promotions response is monitored
- Keeps an updated file of promotions
- Build / Create e-marketing campaigns in adobe campaign
- Email list management in conjunction with manager
- Update online marketing manuals
- Responsible for managing deadlines
- Social media activity
Third Party Liaison / Post Show Analysis
- Assist in producing post show report analyzing response to all promotional activity
- Liasion with external clients such as registration company, designers, fulfilment houses and printers
- Encourage exhibitor self-promotion
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong administration skills with an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, pro-active and outgoing
- Ability to use own initiative / common sense / multi-task
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Possess patience and understanding
- Creative thinker
- Good communicator
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: 15th July 2022