Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Marketing Database Executive that will be part of the data team and report into the Data Manager.
The Junior Marketing Database Executive is responsible for:
- Identify all potential sources of marketing data across our databases (online and offline data)
- Source data outside the business using external tools, identify qualified leads/contacts for marketing and sales teams
- Data cleansing, rules to clean outdated data, deduplication
- Data enrichment, actions to get missing demographics
- Preserving email data quality to maintain good deliverability levels
Data loading, integration, data exports:
- Responsible for data integration in our databases
- Qualification of data before import
- Document processes for data import
Queries and Analysis:
- Ad hoc requests to analyse data quality, data overlaps, market analysis and sizing
- Sales/Marketing support for complex data segmentations and customer profiling
Data security and compliance:
- Ensuring data governance principles are adhered to in each division/department
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance
Skills / Experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Good knowledge of Access and understanding of relational database systems
- Good knowledge of Excel (V Lookup function, Pivot Tables)
- Good sense of customer service and good communication skills
- Good organisational and project coordination skills
We have offices in West Sussex and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. This role will be based 2-3 days from our Crawley office and remotely for the rest of the week. Travel to other offices, particularly London, may be required on an occasional basis.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Health Cash Plan
- Paid volunteering time
- Green Car and Cycle to Work Schemes