Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
Lumina Intelligence are a highly ambitious, London-based, food & drink consultancy on a mission to inspire our customers with expert insight and world-class data powered by analytical thinking, outstanding expertise, and leading technology. We are part of a global media group, William Reed, who have been leaders in the food and drink sector for over 150 years.
The insight team is responsible for all our research outputs, for both our core syndicated products and bespoke projects, delivered to our client base of food and drink suppliers, retailers, operators and associations. Our vision is to be “one team of experts delivering business critical data and customised and predictive insight”.
The foundations of this role will be using data to create actionable insight that inspires and tells a story. Working on a mix of projects, harnessing interesting data from multiple sources and overlaying this with expert industry knowledge.
We have recently undergone a data revolution. We embraced a new data visualisation tool that enables us to build dashboards, visualise data in creative ways and integrate more advanced analytics. This role will be central in advancing this journey.
This is a brilliant opportunity to shape, lead and manage your own projects. Good teamwork is an essential element and you will be in good company in a supportive, creative and driven team. We encourage everyone to have an opinion and the confidence to share it. We are a small, but vibrant, company where you will be visible, accountable and rewarded for success.
- Accountable for creating insight with quality interpretation of data and research
- Delivering value and ROI through quality, credibility, appeal and relevancy of insight
- Extracting compelling and actionable recommendations from data, making use of storytelling principles and expert data visualisation
- Create powerful and visually appealing dashboards that allow users to self-serve data
- Create market leading reports that are highly regarded in the sector
- Research and explore the food and drink markets and trends.
- Stay close to client feedback and changing demands through our client sales team
- Working alongside the client sales team to ensure content delivery is consistent across the business, from insight creation to end delivery
- Working alongside the marketing content and digital marketing team to support the insight communication to enhance the credibility of the brand and deliver against key commercial targets
- Working alongside the Research and data team to shape research programs and generate quality objectives that fulfil the brief
- Ensure requests are delivered with quality, accuracy and to time.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven results in a similar/relevant insight role
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence
- Confident in explaining and presenting data and insight
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, able to work independently and manage own workload
- Passionate about food and drink
- Technical skills – data literate and comfortable using a data visualation software
- Excellent data visualisation and an eye for design
Not essential, but desirable:
- Previous experience with dashboard and data visualisation tools such as Power BI
- Previous experience with Google Analytics
- Industry knowledge in the wholesale, online grocery or hospitality markets
- Advanced analytics and statistics experience
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection