Who we are
50 Best is seeking a skilled and experienced content expert with excellent writing, presenting and organisational skills and an in-depth knowledge of the bar and/or travel sector.
The 50 Best Bars portfolio comprises The World’s 50 Best Bars, Asia’s 50 Best Bars and North America’s 50 Best Bars, with annual event programmes in each territory. The first edition of The World’s 50 Best Hotels launched in September 2023, with future growth planned.
Together, these brands celebrate the greatest bars and hotels across the world, providing original content and thought leadership to a global consumer audience.
With events taking place across the world, as well as an ever-expanding content output, this is a challenging and exciting senior role within a growing, innovative and international business.
This is a senior role managing The World’s 50 Best Bars and The World’s 50 Best Hotels, including both brands’ related content, delivered across multiple digital channels and at live events. The Head of Content – Bars & Hotels will also lead on liaising with the bar and hotel sectors, including working with the leading global players within each field.
The successful candidate will also advise and support across the wider 50 Best portfolio, which includes The World’s 50 Best Restaurants and our travel-led database, 50 Best Discovery.
What you’ll be doing as the Head of Content:
- Oversight and responsibility for the 50 Best Bars portfolio, including voting process and management, content and talent liaison
- Day to day responsibility for 50 Best Hotels, including voting process and management, content and talent liaison (working closely with Managing Director)
- Management of 50 Best Bars and Hotels websites, including: content strategy; scheduling; content creation; commissioning and editing (words and images), plus some interviewing and writing
- Management of 50 Best Bars & Hotels specialists within the 50 Best content team
- Input into, and liaison on, PR and communications strategy, led by 50 Best’s Head of PR & Communications
- Acting as spokesperson for the 50 Best Bars brand, including in live media interviews
- Hosting of live events – awards show introductions, on-stage discussions, press conferences, dinners etc – where required
- 50 Best sponsor campaign concept co-creation and project management
- Management of 50 Best Bars and Hotels content budgets
- Deputising for 50 Best’s overall Director of Content where required
The role involves hybrid working, with a minimum 2 days a week based in William Reed’s Crawley headquarters, as well as frequent international travel.
The role reports to 50 Best’s Director of Content, and currently manages two direct reports.
- Drinks/bar sector expertise essential
- Knowledge of travel and food sectors
- Organisational expertise; ability to multi-task under pressure
- Strong writing, copy editing and commissioning skills
- Ability to balance audience engagement with sponsor requirements
- Live presenting competence and experience
- Ability to conceive, curate and co-ordinate content for live events
- Ability to represent the 50 Best brands in liaison with key stakeholders
- Experience in dealing with media
- Language skills an advantage
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
How to apply?
Please submit your application including a cover letter detailing your skills and experience relevant to the requirements for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Please note we do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies