Who we are
Calling all social media talent with a love of food, drink and travel! This could be your dream role…
We are actively seeking someone with significant social media experience and expertise, as well as an international outlook, to work across the 50 Best social landscape including The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, The World’s 50 Best Bars & The World’s 50 Best Hotels.
Beginning back in 2002 with the launch of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list, the 50 Best portfolio has become the most credible and trusted international ranking and guide in the travel and hospitality sphere, covering Restaurants, Bars and Hotels. The 50 Best social channels have become a hugely important part of the brand’s content, communications and marketing output and strategy, enabling us to reach a huge global audience of food, drink and travel lovers!
Role: Full Time, Permanent
Leading a dedicated and passionate four-strong social team, this is the ideal opportunity for a social media manager who is passionate about food, drink, travel to work on a highly influential and international brand.
What you’ll be doing as our Group Social Media Manager:
The role oversees management of 50 Best’s multiple social media channels (currently 25 in total) across different platforms in the portfolio, as well as inform overall social media and content strategy.
Social media strategy and insights
- Develop 50 Best social media strategy in line with brand vision and overarching content strategy
- Lead, prioritise and develop each channel’s strategy according to trends, budget, calendar of events/markets and sponsors’ campaigns, adapting to local narratives
- Harvest and report on data and insights to drive engagement and reach; build on engagement and follower acquisition plans
- Input into strategy and planning for live events coverage
Social media portfolio management
- Lead social media calendar planning
- Oversee day to day execution of social media portfolio, including at live events (both in person and remotely, on occasion)
- Manage social media team (you plus 3) in execution of strategy and calendar plan
- Edit content for social channels, ensuring it meets brand standards
- Step in to write, create, schedule, upload and publish posts where required
- Assist in management of on-the-ground external photography and videography teams at international events where required
- Oversee 50 Best ‘TasteHunter’ programme of associated social media ambassadors/influencers
Sponsored content and partner campaigns
- Lead on social media sponsor campaign concept co-creation
- Support sponsor activations, including video projects, and execute partner-related social media campaigns
- Brainstorm high-performing content and social media campaigns, working with the in-house partnerships team when necessary
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a full-time social media role
- Experience working across different social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Ability to understand and analyse metrics and key indicators in social media success
- Ability to create and drive overall brand’s social media strategy, as well as create bespoke platform- and channel-specific content
- Experience of managing direct reports and/or small team
- Experience of paid social advertising and boosting
- Understanding of commercial partnerships and sponsored content
- Experience overseeing influencer programme
- Experience in community management and understanding of best practices
- Creative eye with high attention to detail
- Strong written skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible
- Excited for international travel and exploring new cultures
- A love of food and drink, restaurants, and bars beneficial
- Experience using photo and video editing software such as Canva and Adobe to create high quality and premium assets
- Experience with social media scheduling tools (knowledge of Sprout Social an advantage)
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us?
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics.
If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please submit your application along with a covering letter to be considered for this exciting opportunity!