Who we are
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Digital Operations Department here at William Reed. We are looking for a dedicated mid-weight front-end developer to work within our Design & UX team. We have many websites that need constant iterative change and new development covering commercial publishing sites, to online events, to marketing sites and more.
We are William Reed.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
Role: Full time, Permanent
· Production: Create and execute production-ready code that renders across multiple devices
· Testing: Unit testing of your work and liaising with our testers for fixing bugs and iterative improvements
· Quality: Promoting the best product possible across the front-end team
What you’ll need:
- Experience in repository management with tools such as Bitbucket for example
- Experience using animation libraries such as GSAP or Locomotive Scroll
- Experience and understanding of Web Core Vitals.
- An interest in frameworks such as React & jQuery.
- An understanding of website design skills – with substantial experience using Adobe Suite or Figma.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to present and communicate your development decisions with both your peers and less technical colleagues in understandable terms – working with a myriad of different skills sets such as Project Manager, Designers, Testers and Digital marketers
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics.
If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
How to apply?
Please submit your application including a cover letter
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note: We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies.
Please note that the process will consist of a 2 stage interview including a practical element directly related to the work expected from this role.