Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week
The Grocer, the UK’s biggest and most interesting trade publication, is looking for a brilliant reporter to cover the food to go and foodservice patch on our news desk
It’s a fascinating time to be covering the food and drink industry, with the cost of living crisis, climate change, health and obesity issues, technological advances and Brexit (among others) having a huge and varied impact. And as part of a big and award-winning team of journalists, we are looking for someone who can write intelligently, challengingly and fairly about this important sector, through news, features, analysis, profile pieces and other digital and social formats.
This role will have you reporting on high street operators like Starbucks, McDonalds, Greggs, WH Smith, and the suppliers and catering wholesalers that service them – breaking stories on key developments and analysing the issues facing them.
The successful candidate will need;
- Proven reporting skills
- Strong work ethic
- The ability to build a network of senior industry contacts.
- A range of digital, multimedia skills.
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us?
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics.
If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.