Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
The responsibility and focus for this role is to provide administrative support to all departments within Exhibitions – Sales, Operations, Marketing & Features and to work closely with the Accounts Department to maintain correct sales ledgers/operations logs for accounting purposes.
This is primarily computer based (Email, Word, Excel, Trello, ELAN, Illustrator, Live Buzz and Dot Mailer) and telephone based (dealing with Sales Teams and Exhibitors with regard to queries and chasing for forms).
There will be face-to-face activity with exhibitors at our trade shows when running the Sales Office operation during the Show open period.
The Admin Assistant (known internally as Project Executive) reports directly to the Group Operations Manager and will receive training, coaching & mentoring from them and or/the Senior Project Executive.
• Processing and amending contracts (Using STEPS procedures)
• Database management
• Keep sales plan up to date on Illustrator – dealing with Sales Team’s on-going requirements
• Customer service calls
• Updating exhibitor lists on websites
• Dealing with general enquiries and sending out general correspondence
• Chasing forms from exhibitors manuals
• Chasing exhibitors to action Marketing & PR activity to encourage exhibitor self-promotion
• Collating Food Sampling Forms
• Sales Office management on-site
• Contract and Floorplan auditing
• Provide general administrative support for the shows
• Design work – passes, Exhibitor Party invitations, Exhibitor Information Leaflets
• Keeping sales ledgers/operations logs up to date
• Regular monetary auditing
• Sending out Dot Mailers on behalf of the Sales Team and logging results.
• Cover Ad hoc administrative tasks in the absence of the Project Manager
Required Skills and Experience:
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Strong administration skills with an eye for detail
• Have the ability to hit deadlines and work well under pressure
• Accurate record keeping
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, pro-active and outgoing
• Good communication and presentation skills (inc telephone manner)
• Ability to use own initiative / common sense / multi-task
• Be computer literate (Outlook, Word, Excel, Database Management)
• Have the knowledge / ability to learn the Adobe Illustrator package (Software used to update Sales Plans) and Dot Mailer (Email marketing)
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Possess patience and understanding
• Have the understanding that longer working hours will be required in the weeks prior to the Shows
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.