Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, energetic, and creative event marketer to join our proactive team dedicated to delivering market leading events. This hands-on role will require initiative and be accountable for the planning and implementation of exceptional marketing campaigns to drive high value delegates to our global on/offline events.
The role involves identifying key audiences within our relevant markets, alongside developing marketing strategies and campaigns to reach them. You will look at innovative ways to promote our events through PR and partnerships to increase attendance to both our on and offline events. You will work with internal teams globally, including our inhouse digital marketing division.
You must be results driven and able to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
• Planning and delivering marketing plans for events.
• Manage and grow our social media activities (Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn)
• Look at innovative ways to market our events outside of our readers
• Produce digital marketing material (mailshots, banners) and track ROI
• Work with external suppliers and partners (designers, printers, agencies etc.)
• Work within a budget, and understanding the restraints
• Develop new initiatives and implement across the events portfolio
• Managing and segmenting data, identifying gaps, developing new data sources and implementing a data plan to support our event marketing and grow our reach.
• Maintaining consistent brand & style guidelines across the portfolio of events
• Continuously evaluate marketing activity effectiveness
• Draft copy and manage design and print of event onsite printed programme
Required Skills and Experience:
• Previous event marketing experience essential
• Digital marketing expertise – email marketing, social media
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Strong attention to detail
• Copywriting experience
• Flexible, able to work under pressure and manage multiple projects
• A self-starter who can work individually and within a team
• Experience of using MS office applications
• Ideally HTML experience and experience of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Food, Nutrition, Cosmetics or Pharma experience is a plus
• Ability to travel internationally to work onsite at events
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.