Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We are looking for a pro-active Event Administrator to join our small team across the brand’s growing Global Brands portfolio of activities. Global Brands delivers a series of international face to face events across the nutrition and food innovation sectors.
· Supporting delegates through the registration process and answering any enquiries in the multiple shared event inboxes.
· Follow up on uncompleted delegate bookings to generate into a confirmed booking.
· Set up event discount codes and managing codes database.
· Daily updating the delegate bookings database with new bookings and providing line manager with sales stats.
· Draft and send delegate RSVP email and update replies on the database.
· Provide delegate support such as visa letters, attendance certificates, etc.
· Preparing and mail merging the delegate database for event badges.
· Printing badges and checking back against the delegate list.
· Preparing and printing onsite participants list in accordance with GDPR.
· Preparing and printing onsite event material inhouse.
· Formatting of event budgets in excel.
· Adding quotes/invoices to the finance systems and assisting finance with any queries.
· Supporting the events team with general admin, ad hoc duties & event related research.
· Develop and build market knowledge.
· Outstanding communication (written & verbal)
· Strong admin skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with advance knowledge of Excel including setting up formulars, pivot tables, etc
· Extremely well organised and able to work on multiple tasks and towards deadlines
· Flexible and able to work under pressure
· A pro-active, positive and ‘can do’ attitude
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.