Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley or Montpellier office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
Location: Hybrid (2 days per week at our Crawley or Montpellier office)
In this exciting role, you will champion the growth of our European cosmetics brands with a key focus on editorial development for CosmeticsDesign-Europe.
- Deliver high quality breaking news and in-depth off-diary editorial content in multimedia and written formats
- Explore, identify and recommend brand development opportunities (new content formats, scopes and dissemination modes, brand extensions) suiting the European markets to upper management, and any other activities relevant to the growth of our brands.
- Follow and contribute ideas to global CosmeticsDesign editorial road maps
- Deliver compelling written and multimedia content for CosmeticsDesign-Europe
- Work towards a story count of at least two articles a day, with strict daily deadlines
- Deliver broadcast quality video, including coverage of industry events and regular interviews with key stakeholders
- Attend relevant trade events and conferences in Europe and occasionally internationally
- Contribute to special editions and online events
- Utilise social media for lead sourcing, content sharing and contact building
- Network at key industry events to build a strong portfolio of editorial contacts and raise profile of CDE brands
- Conduct joint business visits with sales team where appropriate to demonstrate brand unity and clearly define editorial standards
- Collaborate with events, marketing, and sales teams on any other projects of potential benefit to CDE brands within a framework of editorial integrity
- Trained business / science / multimedia journalist and editor
- Substantial B2B journalistic experience, with a focus on editing a digital publication
- Experience covering the cosmetics, beauty, and personal care industries a plus
- Experience in breaking news in text articles, video, podcast reports or use social media
- Vibrant networking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Social media savvy
- Highly collaborative
- Imaginative and strong sense of initiative
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us?
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.