Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our London office and to work remotely for the rest of the week
Lumina Intelligence are a highly ambitious, London-based, food & drink consultancy on a mission to inspire our customers with expert insight and world-class data powered by analytical thinking, outstanding expertise, and leading technology. We are part of a global media group, William Reed, who have been leaders in the food and drink sector for over 150 years.
We have recently undergone a data revolution. We embraced a new data visualisation tool that enables us to build dashboards, visualise data in creative ways and integrate more advanced analytics. This role will be central in advancing this journey.
Full time – 35hr per week – Permanent – London/Hybrid – Excellent benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced data visualisation manager to take our dashboard capability to the next level and to build the foundations of an analytics team that embeds advanced analysis, automation and data science into our syndicated data offer.
Working in close collaboration with our data, insight, research and customer success teams will be key to achieving our goal of delivering specialist high-value data, insight and consultancy services – providing unique and trusted intelligence to UK food & drink businesses.
This is a brilliant opportunity to shape, lead and manage your own projects. Good teamwork is an essential element and you will be in good company in a supportive, creative and driven team. We encourage everyone to have an opinion and the confidence to share it. We are a small but vibrant company where you will be visible, accountable and rewarded for success.
What you'll be doing:
• Design and manage client-facing dashboards to showcase insights and trends in the food and drink industry
• Develop and implement strategies to improve dashboard usability and functionality using a data visualisation and analysis tool
• Keep up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in data visualisation and analytics
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, insight managers and researchers, to identify opportunities for automation and AI implementation
• Generate data-driven recommendations for improving business processes and strategies
• Communicate clearly with colleagues and stakeholders, define questions, and support the business in an ambiguous and complex environment
• Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve balanced perspectives and learn from others. Stay close to client feedback and changing demands through our client success team
• Explore opportunities to leverage primary and secondary data sources to enrich and futureproof our data services.
• Occasional travel to events
What you'll need:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as data analytics, computer science, or statistics
• Proven experience in developing and maintaining client-facing dashboards and an eye for powerful design
• Strong proficiency in data visualization tools such as PowerBI, Pyramid, Tableau, etc
• Experience with data analysis and manipulation using SQL and other relevant tools
• Experience with programming languages such as Python and R
• Experience in modelling, stats sig, conjoint, max diff, predictive insight, automation, ML and AI
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• Excellent organisational skills, able to work independently and manage own workload
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Company Benefits Include:
• A competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
• An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
• A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
• Opportunity for hybrid working
• Contributory Pension
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Group Income Protection
• Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
• Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Electric Car Scheme