Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
You are passionate about data?
You are proactive and can see the opportunity in every situation?
You are looking for a position in which you can grow and develop along with the company?
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our insights team. The insights team at Lumina Intelligence Probiotics is proudly supporting nutrition and ingredients clients by supplying them with an in-depth coverage of the e-commerce trends. We are a small, international team responsible for the data collection, management, analytics and insights. We are currently updating our research into probiotic supplements, juice, kombucha, cosmetics and postbiotics across 25 countries and you could help us improve our processes!
You will be reporting into the Director of Insights and will be working closely with our data collection and management teams. We are in a period of data transformation at the moment, so this is your opportunity to really shape the way we integrate advanced analytics in everything we do. We are an “all hands on deck” environment that encourages independent and proactive working and gives you the opportunity to work alongside people that are just as excited by data as you are.
· Collecting structured and unstructured data, including scraping data from 250 leading international online retail websites
· Commissioning of research projects across 25 countries, enhancing the data collection process
· Data verification, cleaning, standardisation, quality control
· Data visualisation via dashboards (PowerBi)
· Implementing analytics processes to build data models
· Work with the insights team to identify opportunities for including advanced analytics in our reports or bespoke projects
· Be our team’s key expert on our analytics platform, teaching members of the team how to do certain analyses and making sure all the data from our warehouse is pulling through to the tool correctly
· Upskill the insights and commercial team on how analytics can be used for insights
Required Skills and Experience:
· You are passionate about data analysis and data structure
· You are curious, love learning, and always think about how to do things better
· You are independent and proactive
· You’re able to work under pressure and adapt quickly to new situations or challenges
· Accuracy and being seen as credible is important to you
· You have an excellent understanding of advanced statistical analysis, e.g. regression, segmentation approaches, predictive analysis
· You have experience working with Python, Excel, etc.
· You have a university degree or equivalent relating to data science and have at least 2+ year job experience
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our London office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include:
· Competitive Salary
· 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
· Contributory Pension
· Life Assurance Scheme
· Group Income Protection
· Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy
We look forward to hearing from you.