Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Subscriptions Account Manager to join our team. The role will be driving corporate subscription sales and undertaking account management across William Reed’s range of paid for content. Including The Grocer, the market leading information provider for the FMCG market.
First published in 1862, The Grocer has long been the premier source of information for the food, drink and grocery market through the weekly magazine. More recently its digital reach has enabled the brand to broaden its offering enabling the industry to respond more effectively to increasing challenges and opportunities.
Sales & Account Management
- Achieve sales and manage accounts through telesales activities
- Actively prospect for new business
- Be the first point of contact for allocated corporate accounts and develop good relationships with those customers
- Work closely with the Corporate Subscriptions Sales Manager to target potential leads effectively
- Attend face to face events to develop sales
- Visit potential and existing customers on a regular basis
- Demonstrate digital products to prospects
- Ensure engagement levels are high for corporate account customers
- Maintain an active trial and upgrade process
- Work closely with the company’s advertising sales teams to foster cross promotion
- Develop relationship with editorial team to source leads and market knowledge
- Meet required sales standards
Marketing & Campaign Management
- Work closely with marketing team to develop lead generation techniques
- Maintain relevant sales literature for use across the business
- Support corporate direct marketing campaigns in coordination with marketing team
- Gather competitor information and use to inform strategy
- Produce sales presentations and demonstration strategies for customer meetings
- Help produce a comprehensive corporate sales strategy for the portfolio
- Help target markets, corporations and individuals
- Closely monitor market conditions and changes and take action to maximise opportunities
- Input into marketing automation and procedure processes
- Update reporting regularly on sales activity against target and other KPIs
- Use the company’s CRM system to maintain accurate records and foster opportunities
- Liaise with the fulfilment bureau to ensure timely and accurate invoicing and fulfilment
- Use the bureau customer management system to maintain customer information
- Work closely with the credit team to keep customer debt to minimum levels
- Target driven individual
- Sales experience, preferably within a paid content environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in managing a blue chip client portfolio
- B2B experience
- Experienced in digital sales process
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy