Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the award-winning Exhibitions department within William Reed as a Commercial Manager, you will be working across a portfolio of market-leading shows within the Food service and hospitality markets
These opportunities do not come along very often and we are looking for an individual with the right attitude, drive and determination to exceed personal and team revenues.
Big Hospitality Expo is the only dedicated trade exhibition in the U.K for the restaurant and food service industry, offering exhibitors and sponsors a strong and respected platform to engage with foodservice owners, chef and decision makers from the mid to top-tier restaurant and catering sectors – from independents to multiples and national chains. Attracting over 10,000 industry professionals and over 325 exhibitors, the show is a must-attend event for the industry.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, we are seeking a commercially minded, ambitious individual who will drive the continued growth we have experienced within this department. We have ambitious plans, so the individual joining us will need to match and exceed that desire. The role offers plenty of autonomy for a sales driven individual and exposure to lots of areas of the business, working at an operational and strategic level, with various stakeholders in helping shape and deliver these hugely important calendar dates in the world of B2B foodservice and hospitality exhibitions.
- Deliver a personal contribution to achieving sales targets across the portfolio and provide input and execution of the strategic direction of the brands
- Excellent relationship builder and negotiator with consultative sales approach
- In conjunction with Commercial Director, develop sales strategies for each exhibition so that sales targets are met/exceeded
- Articulate, intelligent and well presented with strong telephone and face to face communications skills
- Work with the content and marketing teams to support and create commercial opportunities
- Collaborate with other William Reed brands to support existing and develop new commercial opportunities
- Work with the Commercial Director to develop the brands to ensure long term success and to maximise revenues
Required experience and skills
- Proven experience working in an exhibition or B2B environment and delivering and exceeding against financial targets and strategy
- Ability to build and manage personal and team sales pipeline
- Proven ability to effectively manage and motivate a high performing team
- Proven ability to analyse and report effectively
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, hard working with a high pace of work
- Entrepreneurial attitude, ambitious and financially driven
- You will need to be personable, credible, professional and have a tenacious approach
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy