Who we are
We are William Reed.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week
Are you an experienced and ambitious journalist or deputy editor looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have a passion for news, current events and a desire to make a positive impact through journalism? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you with long-term prospects, career development and the potential to become a media figurehead within a dynamic and fast-evolving industry.
Forecourt Trader is the leading information source and beating heart of one of the UK’s most dynamic retail sectors. The title is a highly respected focal point for service station owners and operators, major oil companies, supermarket chains, as well as fmcg shop and equipment suppliers.
Forecourt Trader is a multifaceted title with many reporting opportunities. On one side you will be an influencer at the centre of vital issues affecting consumers today and beyond, including fuel prices and vehicle electrification. On the other you’ll be at the forefront of new food and drink innovation.
We are looking for someone who is willing to try new things, get stuck into the community and drive forward the editorial transformation of Forecourt Trader needed to serve a new era of readers in an incredibly exciting market.
You will develop your editorial and leadership skills within a supportive environment. You will work closely with, and be mentored by, the retail division’s senior team to develop the brand offer and meet the evolving needs of the sector. The role provides space to grow professionally and as you do progress there will be opportunities to develop and host events, including the sector’s most prestigious awards.
- Writing and editing: news and opinion, providing advice, interviewing the sector’s biggest stars, explaining and challenging legislation, and offering behind the scenes insight into some of the best fuel- and food-to-go retailing operations in the UK, Europe and the world
- Building and maintaining excellent industry contacts – with both retailers and the supplier base serving the sector – attending relevant trade events and conferences
- Managing and developing communities on social media
- Conducting thorough research on assigned topics and gathering relevant information from credible sources
- Trained journalist with strong writing and storytelling skills, who is able to present information in a clear, concise, and engaging manner
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to gather and interpret information from various sources.
- Proficiency in digital content creation and familiarity with content management systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well organised and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full driving licence and interest in motoring
Company Benefits Include:
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please submit your application along with a covering letter to be considered for this exciting opportunity!