Who we are
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, personable, and coordinated professional with administrative experience to join us as an Administration Manager, providing high-quality administrative management and support to the Retail, Manufacturing & Hospitality business unit.
You will be acting as the first point of contact for customers, readers, industry contacts and the media to ensure all calls and email queries are directed to the appropriate team member/department and are dealt with in a speedy and professional manner.
Being a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills will enable you to excel in this role when providing support to stakeholders, such as Managing Director’s & Line managers, plus liaising with central teams such as Finance, HR & IT.
You will also have line management responsibility of 2 Office Administrators.
· Organising meetings – both internal and external
· Taking incoming calls and allocating appropriately
· Maintaining confidential filing systems
· Managing diaries as required
· Arranging meetings – internal and external
· Taking minutes of meetings where necessary
· Travel and hotel bookings
· Archiving & office supplies management – ensuring all brand literature and files are archived and managed
· Ensuring adequate supplies of stationery are available
· Sending out media packs and issues
· Telephone calls to potential attendees for various events
· Letters and emails when required
· Sorting of post and incoming packages
· Expense system control, including reporting on company credit cards
· Contributors invoice management – ensuring recording and payment where necessary and monthly monitoring
· PO System management
· CRM Maintenance
· Management of SOP using relevant systems – Salesforce /Elan
· Reconciliation of invoicing including voucher administration
· Merging of letters and lists – and mailing
· Organising and ensuring the smooth running of events as required for various brands, from booking venue, organising marketing & promotion, attendees etc
· Updating excel databases – new contacts – returned mail etc
· Typing, printing and binding of reports and presentations
· Order brand materials – letter heads, compliment slips and business cards
· Printing and mailing of order acknowledgements
· Attendance at Exhibitions/Shows/Events as and when required
· Maintain efficient working of office equipment.
· Organising catering and meeting refreshments
· General admin duties as and when required
Required Skills & Experience
· Administration experience- essential
· Excellent communication skills- both written & verbal
· Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
· Experience of using MS office applications
· Strong attention to detail
· Flexible, pro-active with a can-do attitude
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company Benefits Include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working Policy