Who we are
Are you a sales or marketing professional advancing in your role and looking for your next challenge in sales? We want to hear from you!
We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
Position: Full time (35hr per week) Permanent.
An exciting opportunity has arisen working with clients to commercialise our hospitality portfolio which incorporates market leading websites Restaurant Online and Morning Advertiser in addition to some of the biggest events in the UK on-trade industry such as Publican Awards, National Restaurant Awards, Top 50 Gastropubs and Top 50 Cocktail Bars.
What you’ll be doing as our Account Manager:
Sales & Account Management
· Manage and grow existing accounts as well as generating new business
· Develop a creative sales approach involving sourcing new leads, putting together proposals and bespoke packages.
· Face to face meetings where suitable with key accounts to understand marketing objectives and present solutions to meet these across our portfolio
· Sales of a wide inventory of products including digital, newsletter, video, email marketing, lead generation, content partnerships, sponsorship of face to face events
· Development, analysis, and evaluation of digital campaign reports/ statistics
· Demonstrate market and competitor knowledge
· Develop a good understanding and interest in online and digital marketing trends
· Have an understanding and knowledge of all areas of the hospitality portfolio in order to promote where relevant
· Network with food and drink producers/brands and suppliers to the industry, as well as with Chefs and Hotel/Restaurant/Pub operators
· Ability to meet and exceed Sales and KPI targets
· Develop sales proposals for each client so that sales targets are met/exceeded.
· Monitor campaign effectiveness to check campaigns are live and on schedule to deliver plus reporting campaigns back to client
· Manage time to ensure key clients have regular contact and aware of all latest product development
· Represent allocated brands at industry events
· Maintain accurate records ensuring full use of nominated software across the teams.
· Attend and contribute to meetings internally and externally as required.
What you’ll need:
- Proven sales professional in both managing accounts and proactively sourcing new business opportunities, with digital sales and event sponsorship experience
- Be a self-motivated, positive, ambitious, and dynamic individual
- Great time management skills, proactive attitude with high attention to detail
- Be very consultative, yet demonstrate strong sales and negotiation skills
- Have a keen interest in the world of hospitality
- Ability to communicate effectively with marketing professionals
Company Benefits Include:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays- increasing by one additional day after 6 years, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- An additional day of leave for you to take on a cultural celebration day or on your birthday if you like. A day for you! At William Reed, we call this our “MeDay”.
- A volunteer day to take for supporting a chosen charity and giving back to the community.
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced family-friendly leave pay entitlements
- Wellbeing benefits, including: A health care cash plan, Employee assistance programme and a 12-month wellness calendar for company-wide health, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion awareness dates.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Scheme
Why work for us:
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics.
If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.