WILLIAM REED BUSINESS MEDIA LTD
FREE PRIZE DRAWS & PRIZE COMPETITIONS (the "Promotion(s)")
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated as at October 2017
These are the general terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") that govern the relationship between you, the entrant ("you", "your(s)") and William Reed Business Media Ltd of Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT (the "Promoter", "we", "our", "us") in respect of all Promotions operated by us. These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with the specific terms and conditions relevant to each individual Promotion (the "Specific Rules"). If there is any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and the Specific Rules, the latter shall prevail.
- 1. The following are not eligible to participate in a Promotion: (i) employees of the Promoter, its respective subsidiaries and associated companies, any advertising and promotional agencies or the prize suppliers, (ii) immediate family members of such employees or of anyone with whom such employees are domiciled and (iii) the independent observer. In these Terms and Conditions, "immediate family" includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, in laws, spouse or partner.
- 2. We assume that by entering the Promotion you have legal capacity to do so and agree to the Terms and Conditions and Specific Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract).
- 3. Entry to a Promotion is restricted to one (1) entry per person (unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules).
- 4. Only Entries (as defined in the Specific Rules) received by or on behalf of the Promoter during the Promotion Period (as defined in the Specific Rules) will be accepted into the Promotion.
- 5. This Promotion is only open to residents in the UK aged eighteen (18) or over.
- 6. The prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to cash or other substitutes. If due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide the stated prize(s), we reserve the right to award a substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value.
- 7. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
- 8. The winner(s)' selection will take place at the Promoter's offices.
- 9. We will endeavour to notify each winner by email or telephone.
- 10. If a winner cannot be contacted after two (2) attempts within three (3) business days of the draw date, we reserve the right to select an alternate winner.
- 11. We reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that we have reasonable grounds for believing that a winner has contravened any of these Terms and Conditions or the Specific Rules.
- 12. A list of winners and their home county will be available for fourteen (14) days after the end of the Promotion Period on the Promotion Website (defined below) or by sending a stamped self addressed envelope to our address set out above.
- 13. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the Specific Rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with or without notice), by the terms, conditions and policies of any third party websites on which this Promotion is operated and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Specific Rules, the Promotion, the draw, the winner(s) selection and/or the results and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 14. All changes to the Terms and Conditions and the Specific Rules will be posted in revised terms and conditions on https://www.william-reed.com/Free-Prize-Draws-Prize-Competitions-General-Terms-Conditions (the "Promotion Website").
- 15. All entries become our property and will not be returned.
- 16. If the Promotion is operated online, we accept no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to Entries and/or the Promotion Website and/or any third party websites on which the Promotion is operated, for Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control (to the fullest extent permitted by law).
- 17. If the Promotion is operated via postal mail entries or on site at exhibitions or events, we accept no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misaddressed, undelivered, postage due or misdirected entries. Incomplete Entries will be disqualified.
- 18. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by us solely in connection with the Promotion and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purpose of operating the Promotion and fulfilling prizes where applicable. The declared prize winner(s)' information will be shared by the independent observer (in respect of free prize draws) or the Judging Panel (as defined in the Specific Rules) (in respect of prize competitions) with us, specifically the winner's name, postal address, telephone number and/or e-mail address, only to the extent that this information is required to award the prizes for the Promotion. For more information about how we collect and use personal information, and your rights in respect of the personal information that we hold, please visit our Privacy & Cookies Policy via our Home page.
- 19. By entering the Promotion, you agree to the use of your name, address, and or photograph or other likeness, as well as your appearance at publicity events without any additional compensation and as required by the Promoter if you are declared a winner.
- 20. These Terms and Conditions and the Specific Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.