Business area: Data Info and Insight
Position: Full Time
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your latest CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience are relevant to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your CV
Senior Client Manager - HIM
The Senior client manager is responsible for leading and managing the relationship with a wide portfolio of FMCG & retail clients that are strategically and commercially important. Their role is to build long term relationships with clients, ensure their research & insight needs are fully met and seek new ways to improve and build on the service him! provide to the client. The senior client manager will also have direct line management of an existing him! client manager and be responsible for nurturing their success, development and progression.
- To fully understand the needs of your client base, understand their strategy their markets and business questions, developing relationships and continually add value.
- Ability to make senior contacts and build network within client base and across wider convenience, high street and wholesale industry.
- Can identify new opportunities to develop sales and profit new client prospects and within existing client base.
- Present on behalf of him! at industry events and client conferences. Be an ambassador for the company
- As a line manager, can understand what motivates people to go above and beyond and develop teams skill and knowledge.
- Pro-actively set up meetings and workshops with clients, demonstrate the value of the information and ensure it is embedded within your client’s organization maintaining regular client contact and activity.
- Develop new and innovative ways of presenting information in an impactful and relevant way.
- Attend, lead and participate in forums held by HIM to promote programs or elements of each study.
- Ensure all internal administration relating to the client is accurate and timely (invoicing, contracts, CRM etc.)
- Analysis of data using HIMs statistical analysis tool for all clients within allocated client base.
- Drive the company culture and values into everyday processes and ways of working.
Required experience and skills
- Likely to be a graduate with 3-5 years relevant work experience and should include a strong understanding of retail & Fmcg and in order to account manage credibly across the convenience, high street and wholesale channel.
- Able to demonstrate a flair for best practice client management skills
- Excellent communication skills as the Client Manager will have regular contact with clients.
- Fluently expresses information, opinion and argument, can present to large groups including senior management with skill and confidence
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across all levels and all functions and shows respect for views and contribution of others.
- Time management skills and ability to respond to client requests and queries in a timely fashion.
- Ability to know when to sell and how to sell to different levels, and knows when to listen and stay silent.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops leading to clear action plans.
- Ability to interpret data and turn it into insight to provide the client with new knowledge and expertise,
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills (this is a fast paced and demanding role) and a proven ability to manage complexity.
- Numeracy and analytical skills with a good working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel.
- Professional manner and ‘can-do’ attitude, a self-starter
Company benefits include
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme
WHY WORK FOR US
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore, and Chicago, US.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees
Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.