Business area: Data Info and Insight
Position: Full Time
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your latest CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience are relevant to the position to email@example.com
Send your CV
Client Services Director - MCA
Responsible for all sales, marketing and client management activities across MCA and the commercial performance of the MCA News and Insight products and services.
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Lead all sales activities for the subscription based products within MCA
- Develop, manage, and drive the marketing activities to ensure effective brand and product awareness enabling significant lead generation
- Manage two separate teams for sales and marketing, and client management
- Develop client relationships through the team, ensuring MCA achieves the consistently high level of retention and renewal across all subscription products
- Lead the generation of bespoke research and consultancy revenues through the existing client base, and through the client management team
- Leading sales and marketing activities, along with effective client management
- Client relationship development, including acquisition and retention
- Understanding a complex subscription-based product range
- Developing the subscription product range for MCA,
- Working collaboratively within a senior executive team, alongside other product owners
Required experience and skills
- Sales success within an agency environment, preferably with some exposure to, and experience in, the Foodservice/Hospitality market
- Marketing experience and an ability to manage creative and effective activities
- Commercial management experience, delivering top and bottom-line targets
- Team leadership skills, with previous responsibility for varied numbers of people or teams
- Matrix management skills to ensure all elements of the team responsible for delivering the subscription products are engaged and are delivering
- Engaging and sociable, with an ability to get on with a broad range of clients
- Demonstrated an ability to liaise with clients at all levels from CEO to junior executive
- Driven to succeed, with examples of previous achievements where teams have been trained, inspired, motivated and managed, to achieve
- Educated to degree level
- Ideally to have minimum 5 years’ experience of Business Development, Sales, Marketing and client management.
- Solid general business awareness and understanding of key market drivers for intelligence and insight products.
- Ideally with knowledge of the Eating and Drinking Out Markets
- Interested in the eating out market, and interested in consumer behaviour within it
- Excellent communicator, diligent, organised and detail orientated team player
- Fluent in English to business level (spoken and written)
- Experienced in senior (C-level) stakeholder management
- Experienced in commercial relationships and in developing commercial opportunities
- Outgoing personality and a flair for dealing with people
- Able to demonstrate best practice client management skills
- communicating to all contacts within clients
- presenting information to large groups including senior management
- developing strong working relationships across all levels and all functions
- preparing detailed, researched, targeted proposals
- knowing when to sell, and how to sell, to different levels
Company benefits include
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme
WHY WORK FOR US
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees
Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.