About this job
William Reed Business Media is the market-leading B2B media company in the UK food, drink and hospitality industries. The company employs over 300 employees and is one of the UK’s largest private B2B media companies with offices in Crawley, Montpellier and New York.
We are looking for an Enterprise Applications Support Engineer who is able to support and implement applications that run primarily using Windows Server, IIS, PHP, SQL Server and mySQL. There are some LAMP-based sites within the organization so any experience of these technologies would be advantageous.
Your portfolio is a mix of on-premise, hosted, and SaaS systems and demonstrating experiencing supporting all of these models is essential. Experience with printed or digital media production would be beneficial.
Your primary role will be to work within the IT Operations team liaising with the applications development teams, internal customers and external suppliers to ensure Enterprise Applications are deployed, configured and supported.
- Understanding customers’ system requirements for performance and uptime and ensuring the Application Infrastructure supports these
- Overseeing Application deployments for new projects
- Leading virtual teams to deliver Application services that meet your customer’s requirements
- Documenting solution pages to support 1st & 2nd line troubleshooting
- Ensuring that changes to Enterprise Applications follow the agreed Change Management Process
- Owning and completing complex technical tasks within the Application Infrastructure
- Acting as final point of escalation for technical issues
- Performing reviews of Hosted and non-hosted Services performance and pro-actively making recommendations on how to improve efficiency or lower financial expenditure
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have a passion for technology within the Internet industry and for working alongside customers
- Demonstrate experience as a Senior Support Engineer responsible for Enterprise Applications
- Hold a detailed understanding of the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System, Microsoft AD, and IIS. MCITP certification highly desirable
- Have a good practical understanding of Microsoft SQL and MySQL Database Administration
- Have a good understanding of Networking principles and concepts.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of security and compliance principles, especially PCI-DSS
- Have an understanding of the ITIL Service Management framework principles
- Be willing to travel to company sites, primarily in the South of France but could occasionally include the US.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- 25 days' holiday (pro rata).
- Discounted gym membership.
- Free car parking.
- Free shuttle service to/from Three Bridges station.
- Season ticket loan – on successful completion of probationary period.